Skip to navigation

Walking Land's End to John o'Groats with Mark Moxon

Contact Me: Guestbook

Rudy Walalangi

Subject: Refreshing Perspective
Posted: 31 Dec 2004 5:42 pm

Hi Mark,
I'm from Ujung Pandang, Indonesia (well, actually the name's been officially changed back to Makassar for the last 5 years or so).
Stumbled onto our site from Lonely Planet, and must admit I enjoyed reading it a lot.
It's really great finding out how a "foreigner"/"new set of eyes" could give me a refreshing perspective on my hometown and it's surrounding areas.
Just want to say that you are doing a great job on the site, and in the case you're someday planning on visiting my home again, pls drop me a line.
It'd be great to show you some other areas in and around my town, and to show you what other great food that you missed the first time. No worries, next time around it won't involve food poisoning. 😀
Anyways, since I'm writing this on New Year's Eve (technically it's 2005 already here), here's wishing you a great year ahead in your life !
Keep up the great work, Mark.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Uuung Pandang
Posted: 4 Jan 2005 11:35 am

Hi Rudy.

Thanks very much for your kind message - it's great to hear from Makassar! I didn't know that Ujung Pandang had now changed its name back - it's been a while since I was there.

I have extremely fond memories of Sulawesi; it was easily my favourite Indonesian island, despite me getting ill all the time. One day I'd love to go back, it's just hard to find the time with this world being so big! Your invitation is extremely kind, Rudy, and I'm very grateful.

Say hi to Makassar for me, and thanks again for your posting; it's much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply