Skip to navigation

Walking Land's End to John o'Groats with Mark Moxon

Contact Me: Guestbook

Diane Kirby

Subject: Moark Moxon Travel writer
Posted: 31 Dec 2004 2:46 am

Well what rude comments about my home town of Invercargill. It is a lovely friendly city and I am proud to live here. I am glad you was only passing through

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Invercargill
Posted: 31 Dec 2004 12:53 pm

Hi Diane.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't that bowled over by Invercargill, hence my comments (which I wouldn't say were rude, just brutally honest; I did find it depressing, I'm afraid). The terrible weather didn't help; it made exploring Bluff particularly challenging!

The biggest influence, though, was the man I went there to visit on business, who did very little but moan at me about how awful life was, stuck out in the middle of nowhere (as he put it); it's always harder to get fired up about a place when your host doesn't speak highly of it, and I think his attitude probably rubbed off on me. It's a shame I didn't meet someone with your positive attitude when I visited instead... bad luck, I guess, but as a result I ended up not being particularly find of Invercargill, so that's why I wrote what I wrote.

Luckily the surrounding countryside was lovely. You're lucky to live in such a pretty part of the world, particularly when the weather's good. And hey, the supermarket did the trick, so it wasn't all bad! 😀

Thanks for posting.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply