Skip to navigation

Walking Land's End to John o'Groats with Mark Moxon

Contact Me: Guestbook

Judi Webster

Subject: Lejog 2019
Posted: 1 Jun 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Mark, I finished walking lejog alone and unsupported last week and still feel totally elated. It was my retirement treat, some go on a cruise - I chose this instead. I did 916 miles in 57 days, plus 4 days' rest over Easter (no other rest days) and no blisters! Thank you so much for all the helpful info on your website. It was by far the most useful, kindly and encouraging resource I found - and I think I read every book and blog available. I did road and cycle path routes as I'm ashamed to say I'm not great with maps, and it it worked out beautifully. Thanks again.

Post a Reply

Judi Webster

Subject: Lejog 2019
Posted: 1 Jun 2019 10:18 pm

PS I stayed in B&Bs, cheap pubs/hotels and Travelodges, booking the whole lot before I set off. The total cost including accommodation, food etc en route and travel to/from start/finish came in at about £4000. Thought this info might be useful to others planning an end to end walk.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Congratulations!
Posted: 4 Jun 2019 2:10 pm

Hi Judi.

Congratulations, and welcome to the club! I hope you get as much enjoyment as I do looking back on all those memories; it might be 16 years since my own LEJOG, but I still think of it often, and always with a smile. Enjoy those memories, they're golden! 😀

I'm glad my site was useful, as that's the whole point of it! Things like digital mapping and lightweight equipment might have come on in leaps and bounds since 2003, but the core of the walk is exactly the same, so it's great to know it's still useful as a starting point. So thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate them.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

All the best,

Mark

Post a Reply