Skip to navigation

Walking Land's End to John o'Groats with Mark Moxon

Contact Me: Guestbook

Dave Greenwood

Subject: Thanks for the inspiration!
Posted: 30 Jan 2007 9:15 pm

Hi Mark

I just wanted to thank you for your fantastic site. Having spent at least a year reading your tales over and over, I finally took the plunge, jacked in my job, and am currently starting the third week of my LEJOG walk. You reawakened an ambition in me that I could not ignore. Your account and route is also proving invaluable as I go, so thanks again. The Google Map is great! 😁

I'm trying to keep a blog updated as I walk, but as you'll know, it's hard to cope with the walking, planning and writing, all at the same time. I've never been so busy!

The blog is here: http://imsodave.blogspot.com/

Again, huge thanks.

Dave

Post a Reply

Daryl

Subject: Kudos
Posted: 1 Feb 2007 1:59 am

Great mileages, nice blog!

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Not far to go... ;-)
Posted: 1 Feb 2007 10:20 am

Hi Dave.

Uh-oh, so this is my fault, is it? 😉 Still, you seem to be powering along, which is great. Here's hoping the weather holds out for you. 😲

I have to say I get a real thrill from people who've found my site useful, so thanks for taking the time to let me know. When I was planning my trip there was a little bit of information out there, but now there's hopefully enough out there to encourage people to do it who otherwise might not have bothered. It's so worth the effort, after all!

That's a really good blog, by the way. And I'll have to see if I can catch you on 6Music, too. Amazing.

Have a great walk, Dave... 😀

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

alan.sloman

Subject: I'm so Dave!
Posted: 1 Feb 2007 10:45 pm

Great walking

Good luck Dave: See you are at Tewkesbury - Great little town. (Nice pubs)

Keep blogging. Keep walking!

All the very best of luck to you!

Alan

http://alansloman.blogspot.com

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Tewkesbury
Posted: 2 Feb 2007 4:38 pm

I've got happy memories of Ye Olde Black Bear in Tewkesbury. Rather tacky name, rather pleasant pub, right by the river.

A fine area for riverside pubs, the Severn, as I recall. 😁

Mark

Post a Reply